Over 11,000€ in prizes!
What is #Hack4SD?
As part of the 2nd World Conference on Smart Destinations, the World Tourism Organization has teamed with the Spanish and Asturian governments to create this initiative which aims to find intelligent solutions for sustainable tourism developement.
#Hack4SD is based on the premise that tech can play a key role in making tourist destinations more sustainable as well as more competitive. We want to find solutions that help destinations better manage tourist inflows, achieve sustainable growth models that respect local resources and assure that both travelers and local communities see the benefits of tourism development. In short, we want to show that tourism can be an agent for positive change.
Here, you can read more about Sustainable Tourism and check out the agenda for the Conference.
What do you need?
This hackathon is an app/web development contest comprised of various multidisciplinary teams. All you need to bring is a computer and an eagerness to put your best ideas and creativity into practice.
Who can participate?
Because every good project needs good code from good programmer.
Because great design helps bring disruptive ideas to the masses.
From marketing execs to content creators. Because knowing the industry is key.
If you’re ready to put your ideas into practice, this event is for you.
Do you have an idea to advance sustainable tourism? At #Hack4SD you’ll team up with other professionals to bring your idea to life and create a prototype. At the end of the event, you’ll present your prototype before our panel of judges and the teams with the best ideas and products will take home over 9,000€ in prizes.
The jury will award prizes for the best webs and apps
- 1st Prize: 6,000€ + special prizes:
* Video presentation of the winner at the 2nd World Conference on Smart Destinations
* Meeting with venture capital funds All Iron, Kibo Ventures, JME Venture Capital y Bonsai to present your project.
- 2nd Prize – 2,000€
- 3rd Prize – 1,000€
API Partner prizes
- Sony 1000XM2 headphones for each member of the group that best integrates the Amadeus API.
- A free 2-year research/student membership to Carto for each member of the group that makes best use of its API
- 1,000€ worth of tours and activities for you next trip for the best use of the minube API
Download the complete rules for #Hack4SD
Palacio de Exposiciones Y Congresos Ciudad de Oviedo
Have a question?
Our team is here to answer any question you may have about #Hack4SD. Get in touch and we’ll respond as soon as possible!